ایرکانیوز – چهارشنبه 11 ماه مه 2022 – 21 اردیبهشت
یک ایرانی کانادایی دیگر ، در اتاوا به اتهام ازار جنسی و وادارکردن یک زن به خود فروشی دستگیر شد – پلیس احتمال قربانیان دیگری را میدهد. رضا مرندی 42 ساله که با چند نام در سایت های دوست یابی ، فعال بوده
ایرکانیوز – چهارشنبه 11 ماه مه 2022 – 21 اردیبهشت 1Reza MARANDI, 42 years old, of Ottawa was charged https://www.ottawapolice.ca/Modules/News/index.aspx?lang=en&newsId=fa40a381-c38f-48de-9ef3-eea0311794c6
Man charged with Human Trafficking offences, police seeking further victims
SubscribeReza Marandi knows as Razzer Sharpe or Sammy Majour
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 3:05 pm
(Ottawa) – The Ottawa Police Service Human Trafficking Unit charged an Ottawa man with Human trafficking-related charges following a thorough investigation into incidents that occurred between the spring of 2016 and April 2022.
In April 2022, the Human Trafficking Unit commenced an investigation after a survivor came forward to police and disclosed information to investigators. The information was corroborated through a number of investigative means.
Today, Reza MARANDI, 42 years old, of Ottawa was charged with:
- Administer noxious thing/intent to aggrieve/annoy x3
- Sexual assault as party to offence with any other person x2
- Forcible confinement x2
- Material benefit from sexual services x2
- Procuring/recruit person to provide sexual services for consideration x2
- Sexual assault x2
- Assault x2
- Sexual assault causing bodily harm
- Assault with weapon or imitation weapon
- Trafficking in persons by exercising control, etc.
- Financial/material benefit/trafficking person over 18
- Advertising another person’s sexual services
- Harassment by threatening conduct to other person
- Uttering threats/death or bodily harm
- Publish intimate image without consent
- Unlawfully access child pornography
- Unlawfully possess child pornography
- Sexual assault with choking
He is scheduled to appear in court today.
MARANDI used numerous social media platforms including dating apps to contact and recruit victims. He was using various online profile names including ‘Razzer Sharpe’ and ‘Sammy Majour’.
Considering victims may not know the legal name of their offender, the Ottawa Police is taking the extra step of publicly releasing his picture.
The predatory and historic natures of this ongoing investigation suggest that more crimes have been committed during this timeline. It can certainly be difficult to come forward as a survivor however we would urge anyone contemplating coming forward to consider that our Human Trafficking team has significant resources to support and enable anyone to break their silence.